Alec Baldwin hands over phone to Rust shooting investigators

Alec Baldwin hands over his phone to officials investigating the fatal shootings on the New Mexico set for the film Rust In October, the actor’s attorney and law enforcement said on Friday.

A search warrant for Aldwin’s iPhone was issued in December, but with the Sante Fe County Sheriff’s Office in New Mexico it said earlier this week that it is still trying to obtain the device from 30 rocks the actor.

Baldwin’s attorney, Aaron Dyer, confirmed that the actor gave his phone to authorities on Friday.

“But this is not about his phone, and there are no answers on his phone. Alec did nothing wrong,” Dyer said in a statement.

“The real question that needs to be answered is how the live tours got to the group in the first place,” he added.

Police Department spokesman Juan Rios said via email that Baldwin’s phone had been turned over to authorities in Suffolk County, New York, who were in the process of downloading relevant data to send to detectives in Santa Fe.

Baldwin was rehearsing a scene on the set of the Western movie Rust When the gun he was carrying was fired, a shot killed photographer Halina Hutchins. The actor said he didn’t pull the trigger and is sad about the accident.

New Mexico authorities have not ruled out the possibility of him facing criminal charges in the shooting, but the mayor’s office acknowledged it was too early to say whether the charges were justified as the investigation continued.

In an interview last month, the 63-year-old actor said he had no idea there was a live round in the gun he was carrying on the set of the movie. Rust, or as practiced shooting.

Speaking to ABC News, Baldwin said Hutchins, the film’s director of photography, told him to point the gun in her direction, somewhere he referred to “just below her armpit.”

“I told her, ‘In this scene, I’m going to shoot the gun, do you want to see that,'” Baldwin said. He said Hutchins told him to shoot the gun.

“I let go of the hammer and the gun went off. I never pulled the trigger.”

The search warrant authorized investigators to seize Baldwin’s phone to examine text messages, email, social network connections, browser activity and other information stored on the device, according to court documents.

Baldwin said last week that any suggestion he’s not complying with the investigation is a “bull**t” and a “lie.”

He wrote on Instagram that determining exactly what’s needed is a timely process, adding: “They can’t go through your phone and take your pictures, your love letters to your wife, or what you have.

Leave a Comment