Kremlin says reports of sabotage operation in Ukraine ‘unfounded’: TASS

The Kremlin on Friday denied “baseless” reports that Russia was planning a “false flag” operation in eastern Ukraine to create a pretext for an invasion.

“So far, all these statements are groundless and nothing has confirmed them,” Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told the official TASS news agency.

For the latest headlines, follow our Google News channel online or via the app.

On Friday, a US official said the United States is concerned that Russia is preparing to invade Ukraine, which could lead to widespread human rights abuses and war crimes, if diplomacy fails to achieve its goals.

“As part of its plans, Russia is laying the groundwork for the option of fabricating a pretext for the invasion, including through sabotage activities and media operations, by accusing Ukraine of preparing an imminent attack against Russian forces in eastern Ukraine,” the official said. , speaking on condition of anonymity.

Meanwhile, Ukraine has proposed three-way talks with US President Joe Biden and Russian President Vladimir Putin amid fears of an invasion, aide to Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelensky said Friday.

Read more:

Russia calls for US-NATO response next week over Ukraine

Russia launches new missile launcher amid escalating tensions over Ukraine

Leave a Comment